My Girlfriend is a Gumiho


I just finished watching Korean drama 'My Girlfriend is a Gumiho' and my verdict: Two thumbs up!



What I like about 'My Girlfriend is a Gumiho' / 내 여친은 구미호?

  • The drama was superb at least for the first 10 episodes. Not many Korean dramas could sustain my interest till the end.
  • The hero is not that handsome (to my standard) as like other typical heroes in Korean drama. Hence, I think that it is almost similar to real life standard..Heheheh..no offence to Lee Seung Gi's fans.
  • The drama was written by the Hong sisters( Hong Jung Eun and  Hong Mi Ran ) who have written - You're beautiful, My Girl and Delightful Girl Chun Hyang. All these Korean dramas are my favourite!
  • Because it reminded me of Naruto - my cat or even the anime character Naruto who has a nine-tailed fox embedded into him. 
  • The chemistry between Lee Seung Gi and Shin Min Ah
  • Shin Min Ah was so gorgeous and cute!! (I rarely compliment other women's beauty and etc but she gets you deeper and deeper into the drama)
  • The villain...arghhhh..is he even human? He should remain as a goblin..^_^ How can a man be that pretty?!!
  • Even the side story; an ahjumma and ahjussi's love story was hilarious! *Check out the farting-in-the-elevator scene*

What's so interesting about Nine Tail fox? 
As per WikipediaThe kumiho (literally "nine tailed fox") is a creature that appears in the oral tales and legends of Korea,[1], and are akin to European faeries. According to those tales, a fox that lives a thousand years turns into a kumiho, like its Japanese and Chinese counterparts (the kitsune and the huli jing).[2] It can freely transform, among other things, into a beautiful girl often set out to seduce men, and eat their liver. There are numerous tales in which the kumiho appears. Several of those can be found in the encyclopedic Compendium of Korean Oral Literature (한국 구비문학 대계).

The drama is also known as My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox.


Source: 
Download at Medium Quality
Subtitle at WithS2
Soompi forum


Spoiler: 
There's a part in the drama where Lee Seung Gi and Shin Min Ah took a ferry cruise. It was shot near Hangang (Han River). Those who wants to take a cruise (night is recommended), check the details here
0 Responses

댓글 쓰기

abcs