Ratana's 100 Day Birthday

In Korea, 100 days always means something special. A feast is prepared for 100 day's baby, a toast is shared between a couple, a family or colleagues gathered to congratulate an employee for being in the office for 100 days and etc. The 100 day is considered as surviving period of the baby/couple/employee.

I had an experience of one while I was in Santisuk because of the cute baby Ratana. That day was her 100th day Birthday. My happiness was that I was served with my favourite delicacies such as rice cakes, red bean, jabchae. Yummy...

Read more about 100 days birthday here.

Min Young, Casper, Dag and me had our breakfast
before preparing Ratana's party.

Mr Lee, the chef preparing rice cake covered 
with mashed red bean

The rice cake in mashed red bean



Fried fish. This fish is really popular among korean family. I
couldn't remember the name but Bun Sok told me that because
it's cheap if it is that size. If it is bigger, it will be very much
expensive. 

This is the 100 days rice cake. 

Japchae. - a special one for me, without meat. 

Injeolmi - the kind of rice cake that I like. 

Twigim - fried vegetables and fish fillet

All the glorious banchan - side dishes that I miss now.

The main course for the baby party.

Mi Hyeon's husband, Mi Hyeon, Min Young, Casper, 
Nandida and Ratana

Me, holding Ratana with the global family around me.

This was my last day in Santisuk. T_T

Ratana cried because she didn't want me to go. Hehe..

2 pinky girls. 

0 Responses

댓글 쓰기

abcs